By Linde of Ruby & Blush Floral Couture
“Good Flowers are not cheap, cheap flowers are not good”
I’d far rather (if I have to) apologise once for the price than for ever after for poorer quality.
For me personally I have experienced disappointment, when I have invested in a bouquet of flowers only to die within a few days, so I set about wanting to create a better positive shopping experience both for the sender and recipient. By creating stylish, bespoke floral arrangements and of course long lasting.
We start by personally shopping on a daily basis, picking out the freshest and most premium flowers.
We employ the best prepping practices, consistent fresh hydrating, feeding, sealing and chilling our flowers by doing this we are giving them the best opportunity for the longest vase life when they reach the recipient/s.
It doesn’t stop there, I will create beautifully presented bouquets by using good quality individual wraps and ribbons to present our flowers, so each customer has a “takes your breath away moment”. This is our aim.
“Linde has done an amazing job! They look perfect in my vase too, a week later and looking beautiful still in full bloom! And perfume! All gorgeous – love the dark leaves as well, can you send her pictures and please tell her how amazing I think she is. Will definitely recommend.” – Vivienne Grey May 26 2018
I always had a passion for flowers and fauna and after many years in the corporate world I really wanted to diversify. I always had a strong sense of colour and design so I decided to take the leap and do an introduction course in Floristry, just for fun!! I loved it so much I decided to study full time and two years later received a National certificate in Floristry level four advanced, also earning the overall award for top student of my year.
With my business background as an Account Manager in the IT Corporate World and a genuine love and passion for flowers, I was able to marry the two together that proved to be a great combination. Great flowers and great relationship building.
I discovered that I really enjoyed using all the elements of design and in particular putting colours together and seeing the results. In particular using the latest fashion colour trends and doing the same with floral arrangement colour palettes.
Also I truly believe that flowers are good for the soul, they can touch people in an uplifting way, and for me if I can contribute in some small way by making someone’s day a little brighter, a little happier, a little lighter, provide solace, then I feel fulfilled about that.
What makes Ruby & Blush stand out from our competitors?
- Careful consideration to colour styling whilst being adventurous with it.
- The ability to create different styles and designs, from formal and foraged styles to bespoke and sometimes grandiose.
- Extremely high level of personal customer service
- Most of our online orders are delivered by us personally, allowing better management of everyday issues such as secure gated access, recipient not home and inclement weather. Those we don’t do ourselves are carried out by a professional floral courier service (no general couriers)
- We offer “true” quality and “true” service, these are our actions not just words.
- Our website floral designs are solely created by Linde at Ruby & Blush Floral Couture and all made by Ruby & Blush Floral Couture. There is no outsourcing involved.
- All weddings floral arrangements is created by Linde, right from the initial consultation, the planning stages, sourcing of the flowers right through to the end result. There is no outsourcing involved
- We don’t just make floral arrangements to fulfil an order we make arrangements so that people feel!
- Proudly New Zealand Owned and operated.